Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010

2009 was an interesting year. A lot of firsts for me. First year of uni. First year of admiting that it's okay to change your mind. First year of dropping out of uni. First job. Second job too . First time I was completely happy with an artwork. First complete manuscript.

For all my grand plans and resolutions made this time last year, I only met a few. Almost every art goal fell into the abyss of stress that was my first year of uni. Writing ditto. I did manage to complete a grand total of two artworks - one in Feb, and one in late October. Another has been sitting on my workspace in the 85% complete stage for the last two months. My grand and spectacular plans for writing were also demolished. However ... I did return to NaNoWriMo this year, and unlike last year, I finished it. I wrote a novel. Yay! One goal met, a few months later than expected, but in hindsight the goals I had set myself were just a tad unrealistic. As always.

So onwards to 2010. I've transferred to a uni and course I like much better than the last one. I have grand (and actually happening) travel plans for July. I have more travel plans for the beginning of next year, or the first holidays at least. Planning big I am. I have new art goals and new writing goals, that are hopefully more achievable this time around. I've got work, which is always useful, and I'm venturing out a lot more in getting experience to further me in both the writing and art worlds. And I have a new computer named Fred. What could possibly go wrong?

I am looking forward to 2010 with excitement. My grandfather has already deemed it my 'lucky year', and I am determined to work hard to be able to stand at the end of the year, look back and think 'Look at how far I've come.' I'm gonna prove my Papa right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good one! i just made many bran-new emo backgrounds on my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info