Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, the month where authors from all over the globe aspire to write 50,000 words in 30 days. This year is my first NaNo year, and I plan to share it!! I found NaNo on the weekend, as I was procrastinating from my English study, and thought, this is just the thing I need to occupy my time after the HSC!!!!

After some thought I realized that my last two exams are on November 6th, and I'm going away for a week for schoolies from the 21st to the 28th. And I wondered what I was getting myself into!! I have big visions for my novel however, as I plan to write up the concept that was never meant to be simply an 8,000 word short story for an English Extension 2 major work! So Alaena will be realized in it's full glory this November!!!

Although I completely expect Alaena to end up as a story much longer than 50,000 words, and I am unsure whether I will make the word limit, even if I fail to reach the 50,000, or the full length that Alaena deserves, I will have started!!! And that is the important thing!! So wish me luck on my journey of writingness, and I shall post you a synopsis very soon!

Love and magic,
Lindsey

No comments: