Monday, March 2, 2009

Uni and Artings

I only had two hours worth of lectures today, but it still feels like so much after so long doing absolutely nothing! Of course it didn't help that I had a two-hour break in the middle and transport is at least an hour each way. It was actually tiring o_O. I really need to remember to take sunglasses tomorrow as well - sun is blinding. Very, very blinding.

The upside of actually doing something with my time includes, of course, that I'm doing something! Also I'm using my brain, which is nice :) I love learning, and though I didn't really learn much today, it really feels nice to be getting back into the swing of things, you know? The strangest thing is that, after 3 months of saying I'll do more art, and write more, I actually am. Now that I have less time to do it. Go figure. I am happy though; it's always nice to climb out of a creative slump. And I’m currently working on something I’d previously gotten fed up with, or at least I knew what I wanted to do, but it just wasn’t happening. So now it’s happening and Lindsey is happy.

Amongst much exploring whilst trying to look like I knew where I was going today during my break, I also went across Parramatta Road to the Office Works there. It’s huge! Admittedly I’ve never really been to an Office Works before, so for all I know they’re all huge, but wow! Like a supermarket of stationary. I wanted more money than I had, but isn’t that often the case?

Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from Redfern station to Sydney Uni? I’ve been going from Central on the bus, but that ends up being $1.80 each day. I know it’s about a 15 minute walk from Central to the Uni. Something I need to look into anyway.

And finally … on ‘to Dream of Faerie’. I’ve been planning to (eventually) expand my art into a business. Eventually meaning that I’m behind where I thought I’d be, artwise, so I really need to get a move on with presentable art! However, when that does happen, I need a brand name of sorts. Whilst simply my name would be easier, it doesn’t really give any indication of what I’m doing. I was tossing up ‘Kingdoms of Fantasy’ for a while, but I’m not really sure. Kingdom is a bit male oriented :P. Plus kingdomsoffantasy looks weird. So I’m thinking ‘to Dream of Faerie’. What are your thoughts??

No comments: